The successful candidate will report directly to the Senior Quantity Surveyor however you will also act as a support function to both the Project Managers and In house Sales Teams.
Key responsibilities of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor will include:
• Review and processing of orders forwarded from the sales department in addition to supporting the sales team with the client’s contract conditions, advising acceptable company standards and protecting the company’s interests.
• Maintenance and monitoring of key project files.
• Working closely with Project Managers, from handover to final account, ensuring project costs are managed and costs and events are correctly recorded and notified.
• Completion of the necessary preparations for bonds and warranties, whilst ensuring group standards and requirements are met.
• Preparation of internal documentation for offer or approval of contracts at group level.
• Liaising with appointed Project Managers, the Sales Team and Senior QS to ensure commercial risks and opportunities are understood.
• Assisting in the production of project cash flow analysis with Project Managers.
• Ensuring applications are made in due time to minimise risk and ensure payments are then made in line with the contract.
• Attending necessary meetings internally and externally to ensure contracts are being fulfilled.
• Assisting the Senior QS and Project Managers in negotiating and agreeing final accounts.
The Successful Applicant
Required experience / qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Excellent organisational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word
• Qualified to degree level or similar in a relevant specialism
• The ideal candidate will have experience working in the lift industry and knowledge of main institutionalised construction contracts
|Job Category||Engineering & Manufacturing|
Leave A Comment